We frequently get questions about pet insurance. Below are a couple of companies we have dealt with at Stony Brook Animal Hospital.
If you have any questions about pet insurance, we’ll be happy to help. Just give us a call at 502-491-9096.
Pet Rescue Organizations
- Second Chances Foundation
- Humane Society
- Animal Care Society
- River City Rodents
Dog related sites
- Purina’s site for dog owners.
- A site devoted to Older Dogs and their needs.
- Dog Breeds from A to Z.
- Barkbuster dog training
Cat related sites
- Information on Cat Shows, Cat Breeds, and Cat Care.
- The website of Cornell University Veterinary School’s Feline Health Center. This website contains information on medical topics relating to cat health care.
- Needs, Information and Problems Concerning Your Indoor Cat, Ohio State University’s Indoor Cat Initiative.
- The Cat Fanciers Association’s guide to Cat Breeds.
- The Internet Guide to Feline Diabetes.
Exotic pet sites
- River City Rodents
- Hillbilly Hedgehogs
General Pet Sites
- The Kentucky Humane Society advocates the humane treatment of companion animals through leadership and proactive solutions to pet overpopulation, including adoption, education, and spay/neuter efforts.
- The Humane Society of the United States promotes the protection of all animals.
- The Woodstock Animal Foundation, Inc. is a non-profit organization dedicated to positively impacting the companion pet population, making every pet a wanted pet
- The Kentucky Veterinary Medical Association provides valuable information to pet owners regarding animal and public health issues in Kentucky.
- The Shamrock Foundation is a non-profit organization whose mission is to end pet overpopulation, reduce the number of companion animals destroyed in local shelters, and to save or enhance the lives of animals in need in our community.
- The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals – The ASPCA exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain and suffering in animals.
- Looking to adopt a pet? Are you looking for a lost pet? You can do both at PetFinder.com.
- Pet Poison Hotline – for any animal poison-related emergency, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Growing Up With Pets – How to help parents foster strong, healthy relationships between their children and their pets.
- University of Tennessee College of Veterinary Medicine.